Absolut Sensing is developing the technologies necessary to monitor, understand and ultimately predict global changes. Our first mission is to combat climate change by providing a satellite-based methane monitoring service to allow regulators and emitters worldwide to assess and reduce their emissions.
Join us and be part of the solution !
Absolut Sensing is a rapidly growing company with ambitions beyond this first mission. You can therefore expect opportunities for career evolution. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries, healthcare and other benefits.
As Mission Planning Engineer, you will support concept of operations and algorithm development for satellite mission planning, working closely with space, software, and product engineering groups to develop and maintain autonomous constellation operations. You will work alongside a team of other Mission Planning Engineers to optimize the performance of the GESat constellation through satellite modelling, simulation, automation, and algorithm development and report to the Ground Segment Architect.
- Participate in the definition and evolutions of the Mission Planning functionalities taking into account mission requirements and customer needs;
- Participate in trade-off analysis to ensure a system which best meets our programme objective in terms of performance, schedule, and cost.
- Implement and test concepts of operation for autonomous planning of several constellation activities.
- Develop satellite constellation simulation models to support customer demonstrations and contract fulfilment.
- Contribute to mission planning development for new GESat imagery products, including working with software and product engineers to translate product concepts to engineering requirements.
- Support day-to-day maintenance of autonomous constellation operations and data order fulfilment.
- Masters level degree (BAC+5), in an engineering discipline such as space engineering, computer science or relevant field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a related field.
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics, attitude dynamics, and satellite systems.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Python preferred).
- Possess strong team and inter-team cooperation and organization skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong understanding of audience.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.