Absolut Sensing is developing the technologies necessary to monitor, understand and ultimately predict global changes. Our first mission is to combat climate change by providing a satellite-based methane monitoring service to allow regulators and emitters worldwide to assess and reduce their emissions.
Join us and be part of the solution !
Absolut Sensing is a rapidly growing company with ambitions beyond this first mission. You can therefore expect opportunities for career evolution. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries, healthcare and other benefits.
As a Chief Data & Analytics Engineer, you will lead the development of our data & analytics solutions and manage the Data & Analytics Team. This team is expected to grow rapidly over the coming year as we build up our capacity to serve an ever-expanding pool of clients, refine our data processing chain, and build our web platform and API to act as a new route for the dissemination and sale of our methane data products. This is a unique opportunity to recruit your own team of GIS experts, Data Scientists, Frontend and Backend developers to operationalize our data processing chain, develop a new client-facing platform, and evolve our current pipeline so it can deliver high quality methane data products at a global scale.
- Be responsible for all Data & Analytics technology developments, including expanding our existing prototype data processing chain into an operational infrastructure, defining the infrastructure architecture required to handle petabytes of data, and leading development efforts of our customer-facing Data Platform and Mission Planning Center.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of the company’s data & analytics solutions, and work hand-in-hand with the Chief Space Systems Engineer to ensure the optimal acquisition and delivery of satellite data to our government and commercial customers.
- Oversee the transition of our prototype data processing chain into a fully operational one, manage simulation & modelling efforts to constantly improve its quality, and provide leadership for the data science & software engineering team.
- Definite the architecture of our satellite data platform with the goal of offering our customers a smooth experience to request, transform, analyse, and download our methane satellite data, as well as allowing on-demand satellite tasking, near-real time emissions alert, and tailored analytics.
- Develop and deliver a fully operational data user segment by developing a deep understanding of the user journeys, identifying potential pain points, and transforming those insights into actionable design solutions.
- Lead our data platform user segment development through all phases – from pilot to public release.
- Own the design process by independently defining requirements, scoping projects and prioritizing tasks.
- Provide technical leadership for the customer facing GIS and software system delivery team.
- Design and implement core methane emissions services, review architectural designs and enforce high code quality.
- Build and champion a long-term tech roadmap to reduce operational burden, ensure scalability, and reduce risk.
- Design, develop and document external and internal data services to implement scalable performant solutions for rapid data delivery with a focus on usability, consistency, and stability.
- Work closely with the space system team to review technical roadmaps and coordinate overall programme implementation.
- Provide insightful feedback during design sessions and to guide your team and catch issues before release.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, with a strong background in satellite imagery & data science.
- Experience with Earth Observation satellite data processing chains.
- Experience building cloud-based, customer-facing platforms.
- Experience building and hosting APIs.
- Experience managing significant spending on cloud platform providers, including making.
- decisions based on cost, speed, stability.
- Excellent communication skillsExperience writing job descriptions and running the hiring process for technical roles, and building new hires into an effective team.
- Good team player, effective at interacting with other parts of the business.
- Experience speaking to clients to understand customer needs.
- Ability to ‘think big’, developing a thought-through vision of a technical solution, and deliver.
- Interest in climate change and the role of technology in reducing man-made greenhouse gas emissions
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- The working language of the company is French, however a working proficiency in English is an advantage for interfacing with suppliers and partners from other countries.