Absolut Sensing is developing the technologies necessary to monitor, understand and ultimately predict global changes. Our first mission is to combat climate change by providing a satellite-based methane monitoring service to allow regulators and emitters worldwide to assess and reduce their emissions.
Join us and make a difference.
Absolut Sensing is a rapidly growing company with ambitions beyond this first mission. We are an equal opportunity employer, offering competitive salaries, healthcare and other benefits.
As Chief Space Systems Engineer, you will drive the design, engineering and deployment of the GESat greenhouse gas satellite constellation, as well as the associated space and ground segments.
You will provide leadership in the definition of the end-to-end space-ground technical roadmap, and oversee the Space Systems Team consisting of systems architects, satellite and ground systems engineers, IVV engineers, mission analysts, and satellite operators.
- Develop and implement the technical vision, strategy, and roadmap for the company’s space & ground infrastructure, with a focus on the delivery of high-quality greenhouse gas satellite data
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of the company’s satellite constellation, and work hand-in-hand with the Chief Data & Analytics Engineer to ensure the optimal acquisition and delivery of satellite data to our government and commercial customers
- Oversee technical operations and ensure the reliability, performance, and scalability of the satellite network and ground systems
- Manage and mentor a team of technical experts, including engineers, software developers, and satellite operators, to ensure proper flow-down of customer needs into system requirements
- Collaborate with other departments, such as business development and operations, to ensure that the technical vision aligns with the company’s overall goals
- Stay up to date with industry trends and technologies and identify opportunities for innovation and improvement in the deployment and management of EO constellation technologies
- Represent the company’s technical capabilities and vision to customers, partners, and investors, with a focus on the high-quality of the company’s satellite data offering
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in a technical leadership role, with a strong background in satellite engineering
- Extensive experience in the design, development, and deployment of Earth Observation satellite constellations
- Strong understanding of satellite systems, ground systems, and ideally data processing chains
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and mentor a team of technical experts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and present the company’s technical capabilities and vision
- Proven ability to think strategically, analyse complex technical problems, and develop effective solutions
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- The working language of the company is French, however a working proficiency in English is an advantage for interfacing with suppliers and partners from other countries.